Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Work In Progress Wednesday




Every knitter worth their weight in wool has a project that is a work in progress. Hell, any knitter worth their weight in wool has at least 3 or 4 works in progress at any given time!

Me - I've got way too many to count. There's the scarf I started from a magazine about 4 years ago that I decided in my wisdom would be as long as the ball of wool I was knitting it with was. Of course, I totally ignored the fact it was a 500gm ball! Then there's the topsy turvy Cinderella doll I started for my little diva Rebecca about 2 years ago as Yule gift - I'm hoping she'll get it this year. Let's just say I have a LOT of WIPs

But I've decided, as this is my first time doing Tami's WIP Wednesday I'd concentrate on what I'm actually doing at the moment.

First off my pride and joy - my rainbow cardigan! I've had the pattern saved over on Ravelry since like forever so when Kezz suggested getting people together for a crochetalong I jumped at the chance. I've spent the last 12 years going into our local hippy shop and drooling over the rainbow jumpers and convincing myself that I wouldn't pay that sort of money when I could knit one myself. I even practised by knitting each of the kids their own rainbow jumper but somehow never got round to doing mine so when I saw Kezz's post I thought it was about time I treated myself.

Of course, me being me, I'm a total miser when it comes to spending money (add to the fact that I'm skint!) so I decided I would buy one of each ball of colour and separate them into 2 50gm balls. Which means that 1 1/2inches from the end of the first side ... I ran out. I won't get up to Ramsey to get more wool until next week so don't be surprised to see this one here again.

Anyways - here's what I've done so far: (The colours are a LOT brighter in reality - the red's definitely not that orange for starters)


Photobucket
And again, me being me, I couldn't go for more than a few hours without working on something so I got my knitting needles out to start a Jean Greenhowe Pierrot doll for my littlest pixie Jessica for Yule. I decided to go with black and pink instead of the usual white and black but, after knitting one trouser leg and half a hat I decided I was actually in crochet mode so I went looking for the perfect pattern and propably going through a 3rd of a small rainforest printing out patterns for my collection I settled on a circular cardigan - another pattern I've been wanting to do for yonks but never had enough or the right wool. But, strangely enough on the night after the rainbow cardi came to an abrupt halt, my friend up the street called down with a humungous box of wool - with just the perfect colours for a practice at the cardigan. I'm actually nearly finished this one so hopefully you won't be seeing this one again :o)


Photobucket
Agin I'm sorry about the sizing of the pics - I'm not the most technological person and unfortunately the one person in the house who is has taken the kids off to bed.....

9 comments:

Marushka C. said...

Your projects are coming along beautifully! Rainbow colors always make me smile.

Beatnix said...

Thanks hun :o)

Tami Klockau said...

Both projects look great and so colorful! Great job.

autumngeisha said...

A kindred spirit! I always have about 9 or 10 WIP's going. It alleviates crafter's boredom. Both of yours are looking great. I really like the rainbow colors.

Unforth said...

Love both, it's always great to see someone with a fun sense of color. :)

Thought I'd mention - here's how to make the images smaller. So you know how when you put them in, it says (in brackets) img src and then the link in quotes? Well, if AFTER the quotes and BEFORE the brackets, but in width=400 (or another number) it'll resize the image on your screen to have a width of that number of pixels.

Hope that helps! :)

Anonymous said...

Can't believe I didn't know about your blog. Love it! You're so crafty! Oh if only I could knit/ crochet... Love the pictures.

Beatnix said...

Thanks hun - it keeps me off the streets and out of trouble ;oD

MeganMonique said...

Thanks so much for signing up for my newsletter - it means a lot to me. Good luck in the contest.

Love what you got goin' on here. I'm a work-in-progress Earth Mama too. :)

Unknown said...

Hurray! Thank you for joining the Monthly Make for 2012. I am really looking forward to seeing what you make! I am going to try very hard this year and really hope that we can support one another! If you do a post about your make then please pop by and leave me a comment so that I can come over and see it! Love Annie x ♥♥♥